Our Neighbourhood- Sopocachi
- Rendezvous is located in a neighborhood called Sopocachi
- Safest, ¨middle class¨neighbourhood in the center of La Paz
- Not traditionally considered a touristic neighborhood
- Home to the majority of “ex-pats” and foreigner’s residing for extended periods of time
- Best time to go: 08:00 to 24:00
- The SOHO of La Paz, boasting its unique ¨bohemian¨ style
- Home to the cities best (restaurants, bars, art galleries, discoteques, cinemas, and concert venues)
- Once was home to all embassies but now few are left having relocated to the Zona Sur
- There are 5 different modes of transportation available: taxis, collectivos, trufis, the elevated cable car (teleferico), and walking.
- Central station of the yellow line elevated cable car system located 2 blocks from the Plaza España
- There are 4 main avenues running through Sopocachi which feed into the transportation veins of the entires city: Arce, 6 de Agosto, 20 de Octubre, and Sanchez Lima
- The Arce and 20 de Octubre will take you north towards the center (home to San Francisco Cathedral and The Witch’s Market)
- The 6 de Agosto and Sanchez Lima will take you south towards the middle and southern parts of the city thru Obrajes and the Zona Sur.
- Taxis anywhere in the city are between 10bs and 25bs ($1.50USD and $3.50USD)
WHAT TO SEE:
- Yellow cable car. The Sopocachi station passes very close to the Plaza España.
- Monticulo park/viewing point
- Bolivian president´s house.
- Trillizo bridge
- Victorian, modernistic, and Romanesque style architecture
- Sopocachi market